Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 16, 2010

Week 8: Photo Adjustments





My flower picture I wanted to create a black and white image but keep the color of the flowers. First I copied my background so that I can manipulate the only a part of the picture. I used the magic wand with a low tolerance to capture the yellow in the flower. I created a new adjustment layer and played with the saturation and the darkened it a little. I also used an adjustment layer to play with the color balance. I added a hint of green to the image to bring out the greens in the image.

For my other photo adjustment I used my up in the trees picture I took while on a hike. I wanted to give it a different effect. I used the magic wand to selection a majority of the green in the trees, and I copied my selection to a different layer. Then I used that layer with just my magic wand selection on it and increased the saturation just a little as well as the hues. Then lightened my other layer to give the skies a lighter look.



4 comments:

  1. The flower picture is great because of the colors. It makes the yellows of the flowers stand out so much against the black and white. Nice effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did with both pictures, I'm glad you left some of the green in with the yellow flower beacause it still gives the photo an earthy feel. The "up in the trees" picture is very pretty too, I like how you lightened the sky so the the green would stand out more. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea, the black and white photo with the splash of color. i tried to create one like it but I couldnt figure it out..I will keep trying.
    alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you used the color in this flower, you should try with a person's eyes. It really is a neat effect. You've done a great job on both of these. I would like to see you do more and push the tools to more extremes. Keep playing.

    ReplyDelete